Presenting the schedule for the 2013 Southeast Wisconsin Festival of Books…!!!
Since the Southeast Wisconsin Festival of Books Program went to print, a few changes have occurred of which we wanted to make you aware as you plan your days.
Saturday, Sept. 21
- The correct title to panelists Mary Jo Balistreri, Karla Huston, and Chuck Rybak presentation at 1:30 p.m. in N129 is “Poetic Power to Fill a Book.”
- The Free Little Library sessions scheduled for 10:45 a.m, 1 p.m, and 3 p.m. have been moved from N055 to the Student Lounge in the Commons. The 4th session has been moved to 4:30 p.m. and will take place in the Library.
- Rachel Gold and Catherine Lundoff, publisher Louis Weisberg, and book contributor Brice Smith will provide discussion for “OUTspoken & OUTfront: LGBTQ Writers Moving Beyond Binaries.” The panel will present at 4:30 p.m. in N129.
- Author Deborah Brennigan had to cancel her 4:30 p.m. appearance at the Festival.
- Ilona Fridl will not be participating in the panel discussion “What do Women Want: the Complexity of Writing for Women” on Saturday, Sept. 21 at 1:30 p.m.
- Performer RaChelle Lisiecki is schedued to present in the Private Dining Area (PDR) at 9:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. She will be performing The Boom Lodge and not Where the Favorite Things Live.
- Jinn Nelson’s presentation “On the Shoulder of Giants: How Reading made a Writer” will be in the Library at 10:45 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. She will sign books at 11:45 a.m.
- Authors Deborah and Zachery Posca will be presenting “Inspiration Cultivation: The Challenge of Writing a Sequel”at 1:30 p.m. in the PDR and not at 12:30 p.m. in the Library. They will sign books at 3 p.m.
- Amy Timberlake will be in the Library at 9:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 3:30 p.m. for her presentation “Breathing Fictional Life into an Extinct Species (Or How I Crafted the setting of my Western, One Came Home).”
- Author JoAnn Macken has been moved from the PDR to the Library for her 10:45 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. presentations. Additionally, she will do book signings at 11:45 a.m.
- The title of Kathleen Bubinas’ presentation in N125 at 1:30 p.m. is “Are Farmers Markets Sustainable?”
- Richard Chwedyk has cancelled his appearance. He was part of the panel “You’ve Got Genre in my Literature.”
Sunday, Sept. 22
- Larry O. Dean’s musical presentation “The Poetry and Music of a Singer/Songwriter” scheduled for Noon and 3 p.m. has has been moved from N055 to the HUB Stage.
- Author Richard Thieme has cancelled his appearance. He was scheduled to present at 3 p.m.
- Author Amy Gutowski has cancelled due to illness.